Tuesday, October 18

optimismfest

the people that surround me on a day to day basis never cease to amaze me. everything from the way they find comfort in just being who they are, to the times when they go out of their way to help other people.

example, last week i was stressed to the max about what i was going to do about my money situation (luckily my mom is an amazing woman who would give anything to help me when i'm down and out). but at the time i had no idea that she would be willing to help me out, and so i was trying to get input from others about ways to earn some extra cash...and fast.

the normal responses of plasma donation and plato's closet came up, and we left class no better than when we began. however, like 3 days later, this chick calls me when i'm at work and tells me that her roommate works at younkers and that they pay people cash on the spot to help them out around the holiday season. by this time i had talked to my mom and got things worked out, but she didn't know that. she just randomly heard her roommate talking about it and then she thought of me and how that information would help me out right now.

i know it's something that really is nothing. but, to me it could have been everything. she was probably getting ready to go out that night, and honestly, her life would be the same whether she called me or not. but the point is that she did call me. she wasted 3 minutes of her friday night to call an acquaintance from school who could benefit from information she had.

maybe you're all wondering why this means so much to me, especially if i don't NEED the money anymore. well, i'm not sure i have an answer for that one right at this very moment. i guess it just goes along the lines of how i admire people for the little--and big--things they do every day.


"no i won't cry on the outside, anymore."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home